Procrastinatin.

I should really be working on a bunch of stuff for school, but I can't. My eyes are about to fall out of my head from all the reading and I'm sick of scouring databases and journals and library catalogs. I need a break.

After my nummy breakfast this morning I hit up the salon and got my hair did. Here's exhibit A:



After the salon, I stopped by Hobby Lobby because I haven't been there in forever and I just wanted to browse around. I decided to get some supplies to make the hubs an Easter basket as a suprise. He loves suprises, especially when they involve candy. I'm going to put the jelly beans in a little container on Sunday morning, and I'm going to dye some eggs and throw a couple in the basket. Before I forget, how do I dye eggs without a kit? I've got all kinds of Wilton food coloring jars.



For lunch, I decided to eat outside. A couple of ladies whose blogs I read regularly have inspired me to eat outside. I don't have the cutest set up or anything, but here's what I had:



It wasn't much, but I wasn't very hungry at the time. 2 small carrots, 2 celery stalks, grape tomatoes, black olives, Sabra Greek Olive hummus, and 1 tsp. olive oil. And a big ice water in my Texans cup. (Yeah, I know they don't win, but they've been my team since their first game...I'm a hometown kinda girl). As I write this almost 3 hours later I'm getting a hankerin for a snack. I'm not sure what to have. I really want some bread and butter but I know it's not going to fill me up at all. Decisions, decisions.

Dinner tonight is going to be a pasta primavera dish with the Eddie's colorful veggie pasta I told y'all about last week. I'm looking forward to it because I am a pasta whore.

As it is Friday I think we are probably going to go out to the bars. I want to try some other kinds of ciders. I've tried Woodchuck Amber and I liked it. And I tried Ace Pear, that was good. Last night at the fish fry I tried Woodchuck Pear and I didn't like it that much. So the hunt is still on.

Speaking of the fish fry, the hosts served breaded and fried trout and redfish (all caught by the host), hushpuppies, fries, and onion rings. Another guest brought La Madeleine cheese cake and we brought potato salad and an Italian creme cake. I only ate 2 hushpuppies, 8 french fries, about a 1/4 cup of potato salad and half of a smallish piece of the Italian creme cake. And I drank half a bottle of the Woodchuck Pear and a big glass of water. I think I did pretty well!

Alright then, I'm going to go see about that snack. *smoooooooch*

6 comments:

  Anonymous

Friday, April 10, 2009

Have you tried Strongbow cider? It's the first "beer" I liked! And I'm not a fan of the flavored ones like pear either.

Your hair looks fab!

  Kristan Anne

Friday, April 10, 2009

I have not tried that. I will see if they have it when I'm out! Thanks for the tip, darlin!

  Elizabeth

Friday, April 10, 2009

Your hair looks sassy & fabulous!

  Anonymous

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hair looks fab!

  Erin

Sunday, April 12, 2009

KA, your hair looks great!

I think you can use cider vinegar and food coloring for eggs??

And I 2nd the Strongbow cider vote. It's good, less sweet than a lot of the other ones. You might like Blue Moon beer too. It's unfiltered Hefeweizen with a fruity twist.

  Corie M.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Oooh, you are totally inspiring me to eat outside!