Plantain & Coconut Milk Smoothie

This has got to be my new favorite smoothie. It's pretty high calorie-wise, but it's very delicious and amazingly filling, despite the fact that there's almost no protein in it. I made this to submit to Lara at Thinspired for her Going Bananas! secret ingredient challenge.



Here's what I used:

1 plantain, cut or broken into chunks
1 can of lite coconut milk (I used the Taste of Thai brand, you can find it in a store near you on their website)
1 mango, cut into chunks
2-3 cups ice

Then just throw it all in a blender on the puree setting until it looks all combined and smooth. This makes two really big meal sized servings.

UPDATE: This recipe was featured on thesimpleme.com in their Simply Delicious series about recipes that use only a few ingredients. Check it out!



I still have one more plantain to use. There's a little sticker on it that says the different ways you can eat it. It says if it's yellow with brown spots, then it's good fried and mashed. And if it's black then it's really good as dessert. It is in between those to stages right now, so I guess I'll wait until it's black and have a sweet concoction for dessert. Yum!

2 comments:

  Erin

Monday, May 18, 2009

Yay, it's fixed!

I wanted to tell you your new format is gorg. Did you take that banner photo yourself?

  Kristan Anne

Monday, May 18, 2009

Thanks Erin! I did take the photo myself. :)