In an effort to simplify, I’ve decided to clean out my makeup stash. In truth, I don’t wear a lot of makeup - simply not enough to justify the collection I’ve built up. And because of that, the items I own sit in their makeup case barely used for a very long time. You may have heard that makeup expires and that you shouldn’t use it after the expiration. Do you know when you throw out what? I’ve created a chart using info I found on the Good Housekeeping website to help with the clean-out-the-makeup-case project.


(sorry the chart looks crappy, I can't figure out how to add it where it will look nicer. any suggestions?)

The main issue with needing to throw out your cosmetics after the time indicated has to do with icky bacteria. You’ll notices that the “wetter” the product, the shorter the lifespan. This is because bacteria thrive in moisture. Plus, the older a product gets, the crappier the application is going to be. If it doesn’t look good, what’s the point?

It’s going to be hard to part with some of these things, especially one particular OPI nail polish that is about 3 years old and has since sealed itself shut. Every time I want to paint my toes I try to open it with zero luck. I always say that I’m going to figure out a way to open it, but I never get around to it. I guess it’s just time to let it go to nail polish heaven. I guess you’ve gotta start mourning your loss sometime, right? ;)

Before (*cringe*)


The Trash!


And the brushes have a date with some brush cleaner.


What is the product you’ve had/you’re going to have the hardest time throwing out?

0 comments: