Ketchup!

A daddy, a mommy, and a baby tomato were all walking down the street. The baby tomato kept crying because his parents were going too fast and he was falling behind. The daddy tomato got fed up with the baby tomato and turned around and smashed him and yelled "Ketchup!".



I have so much to catch up on! Dark jokes involving food domestic violence aside, I really have enough to talk about to fill like three posts! So I'll just get started and try to keep it brief (but interesting).

I'm getting more and more used to my new routine, and I have not been passing out after class or hitting the snooze button at 5 AM anymore. So that's good! Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

I thought I'd show y'all what my day at school looks like. So here it is, in pictures!

From the parking garage, I walk past my favorite tree on campus to check out the blooms.



Then I stroll down the sidewalk on the way to the library. The library is on the right, not straight ahead.



And then into the library to read y'all's blogs and check email before class. I usually get to campus an hour before class starts, so this is a perfect time to do this.



Then I walk over to Arnold Hall for my first class, Bible and Western Culture.




I usually get to class first so it's empty and quiet. Perfect for studying my Spanish vocabulary for my next class.



A closeup of my work area. You'll notice I'm sitting at a left handed chair desk. I'm a lefty! And I usually turn the chair in front of me around so I have a place to prop up my textbooks and it makes a handy little foot rest. The class is not full by any means, so I can do this. Bonus, the hurricane season issue of the Houston Press!



After class, I walk/run as fast as possible to my Spanish class halfway across campus. The view on the way there is very pretty with fountains and shade trees.




No pics of my Spanish class. It's not empty when I get there. I was actually dreading Spanish this summer, but now I look forward to it. It's a fun class with a great instructor and some really cool classmates.

I had a lot of fun taking pics of my "journey" through my school day. I think it'd be really fun to do a full "Day In The Life" kind of thing. Taking pictures of everything I do/see is a neat way to remember the little details that we tend to take for granted! You should do it too and let me know so I can check out what your day looks like.

I'm gonna wrap this up because I need to work on the next couple of posts that I had in mind for y'all. Catching up is almost as exhausting as all the stuff that gets in the way!

2 comments:

  Lara

Friday, June 05, 2009

Sounds like you're doing fantastic!! I can't wait to see you in a couple of week :)

  Allison

Friday, June 05, 2009

Your U is so pretty!