Well, would you look at that....

I'm back! I didn't really go anywhere, but I just took a blogging break. It was starting to feel like a chore, so I took some time to think about what I wanted to do with this little project. I decided that I don't want to "do" anything with it, and that trying to "do" something with it was making it feel like a chore. So from now I'll just be rambling all willy nilly about whatever.

What's going on with me?
-I'm trying to lose 15 lbs
-We just moved BACK INTO OUR HOUSE! (can you tell I'm excited about that one?)
-School is starting again next week
-I'll be substitute teaching on my non-school days starting some time in September

I lost 1.6 lbs over the last 2 weeks, but then I gained .6 back because of some crappy weekend choices. But that's okay, it's part of the process. I've got a fabulous plan worked out so that I can pick things off of my list of foods I love for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks and still get a reduced amount of balanced calories (but still more than 1200). It's a way for me to "diet" without feeling like I'm dieting with all the counting and eating boring crap.

What's really cool is that most of the meals on my "dinner" list are things that I can freeze so I'll always have them available. Things like taco soup, Mexican lasagna, tomato sauce, garden lasagna, etc. Most of those things are already frozen, and I'm about to finish up the garden lasagna that I prepped yesterday. And I'm gonna start some split pea soup too.

Here's what I had for breakfast (from my breakfast list of course!):



2 Eggo Nutri-Grain blueberry waffles with 2 Tbsp Mrs. Buttersworth Sugar Free syrup, 2 hard boiled egg whites, 1 whole mango, big glass of water. Not pictured is 1 cup of skim milk.

Also, I'm still not a 100% full vegetarian. I am still not eating a whole bunch of meat, and when I do eat it, it's barely anything. So I'm still going down that path and maybe I'll get there sooner or later. :)

1 comments:

  Nance228

Monday, August 17, 2009

I've been wondering where you've been! Miss you honey. xoxo