Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms



from Weight Watchers.

POINTS® Value: 3
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

For a different flair, substitute dry white wine for the chicken broth, then sprinkle on a few spoonfuls of chopped sun-dried tomatoes with the mushrooms.

Ingredients
2 tsp vegetable oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 large garlic clove(s), crushed
1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4-oz pieces
2 cup(s) mushroom(s), small, halved
1/3 cup(s) canned chicken broth
1/4 tsp dried thyme, crumbled

Instructions
In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil.

In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat.

Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.

Heat remaining teaspoon of oil in skillet. Sauté mushrooms for 1 minute. Add broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.

Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.


This was decent. I've made this before and it's never been that outstanding, but it's only 3 points! So I'm totally fine with making it every now and again.

Oh, and don't mind the crappy picture. We got a new camera and didn't have time to research the purchase before hand, so we just got a super cheap one. And I'm having trouble getting good pictures...

I had a salad with ranch, some brussels sprouts, and a glass of chardonnay with my dinner. I also had some issues with snacks today. But I counted them all! I almost didn't! Go me.

Points Summary:
Breakfast - 3.5 (Hard boiled egg, banana)
Lunch - 5 (Mediterranean Couscous Salad)
Dinner - 8
Snacks - 7 (Tostitos with dip, orange juice, Fun Size 100 Grand bar)

Last night, we went out with my parents and sister for my sister's birthday. And I counted for that too, and even made good choices (despite my mom trying to talk me out of it...).

Wednesday's Points Summary:
Breakfast - 5.5 (Cereal, skim milk, banana)
Lunch - 5 (Mediterranean Couscous Salad)
Dinner - 16.5 (1/2 order of spaghetti with tomato sauce, 1/3 piece of tiramisu, bread & butter)

Good stuff. I'm pretty happy with my progress at just making the effort to track.

0 comments: