Post-Holiday Rush

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We did!

I thought things were supposed to calm down after a big holiday? Not for me apparently. I have barely had time to sit down!

My mom and I went Black Friday shopping, as we always do, and we were very disappointed this year. There weren't very many good deals. But we were at Target at 5 AM when they opened so she could get a gift (for someone that might read this so I can't tell you) and I wanted a 4 piece lighted Christmas decoration set for the front porch for only $40. We both got what we went there for.

We went to the mall and I scored some fabulous !iT jeans from Macys on clearance for $22!. Y'all don't even understand how great these jeans are. I have 2 pair that I've kinda found on clearance over the years, but I'm waiting for a special occasion (maybe when I hit my weight goal!) to buy a full price, current, fabulously-fitting pair. They're what I'd call an investment piece, because they're not cheap. But they are cheaper than some of those other high end jeans, but they're actually made to fit a normal human body and not some eight foot tall super model. I recommend checking them out if you are hard to fit, like I am. And, no, no one has paid me or sent me free jeans to say this. I just love them that much!

I also got a white jeweled cardigan from Macys, and a couple of long sleeve tees from Ann Taylor Loft (one of my favorite stores). Are you noticing a trend? No gifts for anyone except ME! LOL Hey, I deserve it, okay?! :P

I got my craftiness on and made two cute little wreaths. Both are only semi-finished though. I hate the ribbon I got for them, so I'm currently on the lookout for some satin ribbon in the color family I have on my tree. Also, I painted my card wreath white. I'll get pics up when they're done and there are cards on the card wreath.

My fantastic, wonderful, superman husband put the lights up on the house (I helped a little, but mostly I just vocally worried that he was going to fall off the roof). We are searching for just one more strand of C7 size white lights - NOT LED. Sorry enviro peeps...but I want white lights, not blue. We'll deal with the electric bill. And one of my reindeer (the light up kinds that move their heads) is missing a screw so for now both of them are immobile until we get the right size. Oh, and the wreath on the door is supposed to light up, but hubby is going to try to splice a battery pack into the light string so we don't have a cord hanging down. The tree is up, but (go figure) I'm not done with that either. There are some lights out on it and I need to add the ribbon (I got lazy).



What else? Oh, I've got a couple of papers to write (one is due TOMORROW!), which is why I'm procrastinating right this minute.

Oh yeah, today was my weigh in day and despite having TWO Thanksgiving dinners and eating bar food and restaurant food all weekend, I lost 1.4 pounds! Yay! New weight is 161.2. I'm going to be honest and say that I haven't been following WW at all this past week. But I have plans to start it up again today. Hopefully I can continue my losing streak and it's not just luck.

Well, I gotta get some school work done if I want to graduate (which I do, because I've spent entirely too many years of my life trying to earn this degree), so I'll talk to y'all later!

2 comments:

  Kristin

Monday, November 30, 2009

Looks like you had a busy weekend. Your tree looks beautiful! Also, love the wreaths that you're making...I need to check out the MS website more often. :)

  Lara

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Tree looks fantastic!!