Nursery Reveal!

I have finally reached a point where I've felt that the nursery is complete. It is still missing the crib bumper (which my mom is making, but she hasn't gotten to it yet) and I wanted a rug, but I couldn't find one I liked. There's also the little detail that the valance is a little short on the ends due to mis-measurement on my part. But I think it's finally ready to be revealed here on the old blog. Without further delay, here it is!

View from the door

Changing table and evil shelves

Changing table and bookcase

Bookcase and crib

Crib and chair

Bookcase

Changing table and evil shelves

Details

Paint: Behr Ultra Premium Plus in Aqua Pura(swatch 500C-2, not an Ultra Premium Plus color, but you can get it in that variety)

Crib: Davinci Anastasia

We purchased this from simplybabyfurniture.com and couldn't have been happier with the service. It shipped free and fast. The husband said the directions weren't exactly correct when he put it together, but he figured it out fine. We used wood glue when assembling, especially on the drawer as we heard reports that the drawer seemed flimsy.

Dresser/Changing Table: Ikea Hemnes 3 drawer chest

This was only $179 when we purchased it, but it looks like it is $199 now. It's perfect for a changing table because it is very sturdy and TALL. I found other cheaper chests, but they were a few inches shorter and wouldn't work very well for working on top of.

Wall Shelves: Ikea Lack Wall Shelves

I don't even want to talk about these shelves. They've been a nightmare from start to finish. The ones I have are actually painted white from the birch color option. If you're interested in how I painted them, leave a comment or email me. I'm so not up to going into it unless you really want to know. I'm that mad at them. (Yes, I'm aware that that is irrational).

Bookcase: Target Room Essentials 3-Shelf Bookcase

This definitely looks like a $20 bookcase, but it does it's job and doesn't look nearly as bad as the crappy Walmart one.

Chair: Ektorp Tullsta Chair with white slipcover

Very comfy and attractive. The corner of our cushion is a little smashed, but hopefully it will work itself out. It comes with one small rectangular pillow and I made the square pillow.

Stools: Ikea Ingolf stool (used as end table)

The other smaller stool is a Hobby Lobby unfinished wooden stool, painted white, and upholstered with foam and coordinating fabric (only needed a fat quarter!).

Wicker baskets: Ikea Byholma baskets

I think these are the same baskets. They look more rectangular on the website than the ones I have (more square). I've had mine for years and years.

Wall Art: All handmade by me. Initials blogged here. The collage over the crib is scraps of the nursery fabric and the patterned paper from the initials in Ikea Ram frames, painted white. The car canvas is a blank canvas from Hobby Lobby, painted white, with Mustang silhouettes cut from patterned paper Mod Podged on.

That's it! Let me know if you want details on anything else that you're interested in. I hope Baby T is comfortable in his new room. :)

1 comments:

  Katie

Monday, August 23, 2010

It looks fantastic! I really love the mustangs and the chair.