My holiday space.

I'd like to pre-emptively say that I need to earn how to use my fancy camera. I'm hoping that I'll learn a thing or two about bloggy photography at Monday's Crafterminds Twitter Chat. That being sid, I also need to learn Twitter (I know...where have I been?).

This is my tree.



It's seven and a half feet tall (and fake - duh). We got it many years ago. I collect the creamy-white Wedgwood ornaments and any special dated ones, which usually have Wedgwood blue on them. I coordinated the rest of the tree to match them because I really love them. I have enough total ornaments that I only need to invest in special ornaments each year from now on.


Our New Home 2006 (Wedgwood) - built and moved into our first house in 2006.


Our First Christmas Together 2007 (Hallmark) - 2007 was really our seventh Christmas together, but we were married in 2007. This was a gift from my mother in law.


Baby's First Christmas 2010 (Wedgwood) - We welcomed our darling son this year in September.


Other favorites.


This is my new magnet board slash chalk board slash bulletin board slash purse hanger thingy. I dressed it up for the holidays with a few favorite cards and some holiday greenery.


This little display is on my kitchen island. The frames are there year-round, but I added the tray and candle and stuff for the holidays. The candle is a Glade candle, which - let's be honest here - is the BEST candle if you actually want to smell the scent throughout your house (plus it's cheap, there are tons of coupons, and it's ALWAYS on sale!). I lit it today as my One Small Thing.


Here's my sad little wreath. I usually have a traditional one with greenery (and lights!), but I made this rag wreath this year after seeing this Halloween rag wreath on Sassy Sanctuary. It's totally not done and that bow really isn't staying on there. It just looked sad hanging there without some sort of adornment. Actually, if anyone has any suggestions on how to fancy it up, I'm all ears! Just let me know in the comments.

And this is my darling, under the tree as the best gift of all. :)



Linked at Thrifty Decor Chick



What does your holiday space look like?

7 comments:

  Jackie Layne

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

What a gift under your tree :-D

  Skooks

Thursday, December 09, 2010

What a cutie!

  Anne

Thursday, December 09, 2010

Your tree is beautiful - so elegant and professional looking! And I really love that shot of your son under the tree - that's a "blow up and frame" kind of picture! :)

  kara@elements-interiors.net

Thursday, December 09, 2010

HELLO!!! im your newest follower and im DIGGIN your blog! I LOOOOVE that tree! BEAUTIFUL! I would love it if you would visit my blog and 14 days of christmas trees...I have a giveaway you might like...I am off to explore your blog more!

*ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *



xoxokara

  secondofwett

Friday, December 10, 2010

Well, your tree looks absolutely lovely....I have just one wedgewood ornament on my tree...i think it was a gift but I've had it for so long that I really don't remember how I got it! Best of all is your little guy...what a sweetheart...you just want to cuddle him and sing lullabies to him! Have a great wknd!

  Lea @ CiCis Corner

Friday, December 10, 2010

Love your tree and ornaments. What a lovely collection! And,that little doll under the tree. How precious!

Thanks for stopping by and for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the Doll Hospital that restored my Chatty Cathy. It was a precious shop though, nearby Houston.

Holiday blessings!

  Kyla Armstrong

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gorgeous tree! I'm a new follower :)

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/