I've been in the mood for sweets lately, and I love lemon. And nothing says summer more than lemon, amirite?
A friend of mine gave me a tip the other day for making cookies using cake mix. I thought it was a perfect shortcut, so I grabbed a box of Betty Crocker lemon cake mix while I was shopping. And since I've had this glaze bookmarked for a while, I topped them off with that to make them more
1 box of lemon cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, and cake mix. If you have trouble mixing by hand, add a couple of water.
3. Roll tablespoon-sized amounts of dough in your hands to form balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Evenly space them so that you can fit 12 on the sheet.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, or until you can see a little but of light brown around the edges. Try not to let them get too dark.
5. Make the glaze while the cookies cool. Glaze as desired. You'll have plenty left over so be as liberal with it as you like.
I made 24 cookies, and had a little dough left over.
2 hours ago