The Blahs.

I had an icky day yesterday. I won't go into details, but it was just blah.

And today I feel blah now. I wonder if how bad yesterday was emotionally has anything to do with how I feel today physically. I'm sure it does, as I didn't sleep well and I had plenty of headaches yesterday.

My therapist said that I try too hard to fix things. She says it's part of being a middle child. I have this part of me that just hurts so badly when the people I care about are hurting. And the other part of me hurts because I can't fix it.

It's times like these though that make me realize that there are only a few people in my life that I can truly count on, and those people know that they can count on me. I've had plenty of relationships go south, but these relationships endure because there is something special there that all the people involved cherish. Some people take these things for granted and don't realize what they have. These people understand me to the core, and I them. And for those people I am truly thankful. I am partially thankful for the relationships that didn't work out because I have learned about myself through them.

So, on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my friends. My friends that I am there for in their darkest hours, and my friends that are there for me in my darkest hours.

0 comments: