Disney movies in the rain + crawfish boil

It has been storming here for two days. I love stormy weather. I love the sun, don't get me wrong, but there's something about stormy weather that makes curling up on the couch with 101 Dalmatians and Cinderella just so cozy. I love it. I wish I could do it again all day today, but I have to go to stupid class. I'm beginning to resent this one class on Saturdays, but that's a different story for a different time.

I woke up pretty early on Friday to get onto breakfast and research and what not. Breakfast was a warm, small whole wheat pita, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a Boca Tomato Basil Parmesan veggie patty. Doesn't sound like a typical breakfast, I know, but I wasn't in the mood for something sweet and I didn't want eggs. There is a Naked Green Machine in the pic, but I didn't drink that. I took one sip and it was a little too tart for my palate yesterday. I had a bunch of water instead.



Watched Cinderella, Peter Pan, and 101 Dalmatians. I was going to watch Lady and the Tramp and Sleeping Beauty yesterday too, but I had just watched them recently and I was pretty sure I wouldn't get what I'm looking for out of them. I'll tack them onto the end.

Lunch was a hunk of multigrain bread with a little butter and another serving of the Yellow Squash Gratin from the other night. I've been getting nudged to eat more, so I made the effort to have a huge snack later in the day. Whole wheat pita chips, carrots, and salsa. And a big orange. And water in another one of my favorite cups. It looks like I'm drinking blue Kool-Aid, doesn't it? Nope. The cup turns blue when it gets cold. And my fingers leave white fingerprints on it from the body heat.



It was still storming so I wasn't sure if we were going to the boil or not, because it was outside. We ended up going and got some seats under the pavillion. Like I said last week, I've been looking forward to this particular party since the beginning of crawfish season. I decided before we left that if the crawfish were tiny then I wasn't going to bother eating any because they likely wouldn't be good. It seems like we're having that problem everywhere...I guess it's a bad season. Anyways, they were HUMONGOUS. So I went ahead and got a tray (maybe 1.5-2 lbs). I did eat some, but barely any. I got my fix. That means for this past two weeks or so I've only had 1 meat meal per week. I think that's pretty good. I haven't made a solemn vow to be veggie or anything, so I guess it's not like I'm failing at a mission or anything.

Alright kids, I've got more to say, but I've got to get to class. It's still raining hard so I need to get out of here and give myself plenty of time. I'll leave you with a [bad] pic of K-dog snoozing on my books.

3 comments:

  Erin

Saturday, April 18, 2009

LOL at doggies sleeping on BOOKs! :)

You still need to eat more darlin. Just a smidge more protein & healthy fats please.

Gosh, I'm like your food police.

  Lyds

Monday, April 20, 2009

HI KA!!! I figured I read your blog, I should probably comment to say hello :)

  Lara

Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm a blog stalker, I have the guts to admit it *unlike some* so I just wanted to stop by and say HELLO LOVE! ♥