Kwikie

So I've been pretty busy today so I'm not going to have much to say, and as I am writing this I really should be sleeping.

Today I had a meeting at school with my advisor for my minor. We went over some things and it looks like I might be able to graduate in December of this year!! Of course, I need to verify that with my major advisor and I'm sure he'll say something different and I won't be able to graduate until 2016 or something. But the meeting threw off my day and I actually skipped breakfast. Oops.

I also heard a really disturbing story today about Lone Survivor author and Navy Seal Marcus Luttrell's therapy dog being murdered by a bunch of stupid punks. I was really upset about it. The crime is cruelty to animals, but I really think the law needs to be extended to fit murder, and the sentences need to be longer. I need to look into the law more to be sure, and I know I have Texas Legislature Online alerting me on a bill about amending the cruelty to animals law anyways, so we'll see. I really need to work writing a letter or two into my schedule.

I went to the grocery store on the way home and I guess due to the hunger from skipping breakfast I grabbed a few things that weren't on my list: Yummy Sabra Greek Olive Hummus and some Athenos Whole Wheat Baked Pita Chips to go with it, tropical dried fruit medley, and some Odwalla Protein Monster in the vanilla flavor, I haven't tried it yet, but hopefully it's yumtastic.

When I got home I ate a big fat salad with some tasty low fat lemon rosemary vinaigrette. It was actually very filling considering I hadn't eaten breakfast. Then I finished my book report to turn in tomorrow for a 5 point bonus...yippee! That's done and I'm glad. Now I just need to get my butt in gear and get some other stuff knocked out before I get really overwhelmed in a couple of weeks.

Dinner was Tex-Mex Rice & Bean Casserole. It was okay. It could have used some salsa, but I'm weak and couldn't get the jar open and the hubs was working late so I was outta luck.

Anyways, I'm exhausted and I have school tomorrow and I think we have plans for dinner at a friend's house for a fish fry. I'm not really looking forward to that, but don't tell the husband! Hopefully they have some decently healthy food for me to eat...if I have time I'll eat a salad before I go, and I'll definitely eat a banana on the way.

Okay, that's all for me. I guess that wasn't so quick, was it? Nite!

1 comments:

  Anonymous

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I'm definitely going to be using "yumtastic" in the future. And I'm not even going to read any more about the murdered dog because that is just really upsetting. I do think certain cases of animal abuse should be punished more severely than they are.