Dinner Mish Mosh

Remember how I said my parents were making dinner and that I was going to make my own taco salad? Well, neither thing happened. My stepdad was too tired to cook, so they wanted to go to Outback Steakhouse. The husband wasn't going to be home in time (working late) so I told them to go without us. Then the husband emailed and said that he was going to be even later than he thought. So I was on my own for dinner.

Technically, I was on my own for dinner to begin with. But for some reason I decided not to make the taco salad (gee, maybe it's because I ate it like 30 times this week?!). I got a strange urge to make lentils. I don't know why. I've never made lentils or even tried them before. I only bought the bag of lentils because they were next to the split peas and I said "why not?".

So, I threw them into the pot, and poured in some water and an undrained can of diced tomatoes. And a ton of spices: salt, pepper, garlic, minced onion, cumin, paprika, curry powder, and chili powder. Turned out pretty good. Although I don't actually have anything to compare them to...

I also made some random package of taco rice that I needed to get eaten. And then I stuffed some celery with blue cheese. Yeah. None of those flavors go together.

But each one tastes good on its own. :) Eaten with multigrain bread + butter, all by myself in the kitchen while watching the news.


0 comments: