Recipe Review: SK's Asparagus, Goat Cheese, & Lemon Pasta

Recipe found here on Smitten Kitchen. Thanks Deb!



I just made this for lunch today. It was amazing. I made only a couple of changes. Not even changes really...

-Whole wheat pasta
-Extra lemon zest
-Lots of lemon juice
-Added the end of a package of parmeson/asiago to the mix

I really recommend this. It is super delish.

But here's the thing. This is total binge-worthy food. Food like this is the reason why you should eat breakfast in the morning (well, not the only reason). I didn't eat, and by the time I got to this plate of goodness, all control flew out the window.

I wasn't feeling breakfast. I just wasn't hungry. I need to find the happy balance between listening to my body and doing what is good for it in the short term. I was trying to wait until I was feeling hungry...only that didn't happen until lunchtime. Then I made this and ate 1 serving. Then I thought, a couple more bites won't hurt. Then a couple more. Then another. Faster than I knew it I had eaten two servings and now I'm regretting it. My tummy is too full! :(

4 comments:

  Erin

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I woulda eaten 2 servings too.

With breks, can you just make yourself eat? Even just a hard boiled egg + toast? Kick that metabolism into gear 1st thing.

  Kristan Anne

Friday, May 22, 2009

Yes ma'am. I am doing that right now.

  Mandy

Friday, May 22, 2009

I want to make this so badly but I am intimidated by goat cheese...

  Kristan Anne

Friday, May 22, 2009

This was actually my first experience cooking with goat cheese. I didn't care for it on it's own, but melted into this dish it doesn't really taste like anything. It just leaves it creamy if that makes sense. The lemon flavor is the real showpiece here. Try it!