Sore. Tired. Sunburned. Happy.

Hi kids! We're back from the husband's birthday weekend on Canyon Lake. So.Much.Fun. I love our friends.

We rented a cute little house right off of the lake.



We were told when we reserved that it was just a "short walk, about 100 yards" to the lake shore. They neglected to inform us of the fence and the fact that the lake at that part is not really part of the lake that you would swim around in. Oh well. We had a beautiful view of the Texas hill country.




The first night there we stayed in while we waited for the whole crew to show up. We found some fun things to do to pass the time. Two of my favorites! Drinking games and pina coladas! (I did drink the whole blender full. Oops). The drunken debauchery will cease soon. I've gotta get back into the swing of nourishing my body, not destroying it.




We rented a boat to cruise around Canyon Lake the next day. It was awesome! That water is so blue! Who needs tropical getaways?! Well, I won't pass on one, but it's nice that we can enjoy this beauty so conveniently.



After playing on the lake on the boat, the jetski, and the wakeboards, we headed out to the Guadalupe River. The river was pretty low and running really slow, so there was a lot of walking and not much tubing. But it was all good. We still managed to have a blast, as usual! We bring the party with us you know. I couldn't take the camera on the river, obvs, so here's the generic floating-the-river shot that all the tube rental companies use. I have no idea how to credit this.



The river was not nearly that crowded. Actually, if you were standing on the bridge where that photographer was standing as we floated by, you'd only see a group of 13 tubes: 11 with people in them, 2 with coolers. Yeah, that was us. Not many people were there because of the not-as-awesome-as-usual river conditions, and because we were there around 5pm when most people that played on the lake & river all day would be napping. Amateurs!

Today we packed up the house and headed home. I didn't take pictures of the food I ate, but I can tell you it involved 2 Buc-ee's pralines (one on the way there, one on the way home). If you're ever driving through Texas, you HAVE to stop at one of these. It's not a truck stop, but it's as big as one. And it has become a fashion trend among the local younger set to sport Buc-ee's Tees. Watch out Milan, Texas fashion is movin on up!



And now I'm sitting around here watching hockey and recuperating from sleepless nights (the fun kind where you forget to go to bed because of all the laughing and screwing around) and too much sun. Just in time to go back to school tomorrow. And I'm so behind on my blog reading! I've got like 90 posts piled up in my G-Reader. So I'm gonna get this posted, get to reading, get to sleep, and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow!

2 comments:

  Alana @ The Good Girl Gone Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sounds like you had a great time :)

  Laura Michelle

Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm glad you had a great time!!!