Product Reviews

When I came across the Planters Daybreak Blend box in the aisle at Target, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't cost an arm and a leg. It was $3.14 (π♥) for 5 individual pouches. I chose the Berry Almond flavor.



The nutrition info isn't half bad, either. I think it'd also make a nice compliment to some oatmeal or whatever the kids are all eating these days.

180 cals, 7 g fat, 27 g carbs, 3g fiber, 3 g protein

Next we have Bertolli Mediterranean Lemon Herb Shrimp & Penne skillet meal. I'm gonna cut to the chase and let you know we didn't care for it. It serves 2 but only had 8 shrimp (small - like the size of a quarter). I was fine with giving them all to the husband. I don't normally buy this kind of stuff but I did for the following reasons:

1. I've been lazy lately and haven't been wanting to cook. It seemed like a nice option to going out.
2. It was only like $4.
3. It came with a store coupon for a free pint of Starbucks ice cream (Java Chip = ♥).

But, I think next time I'll pass and just pay for the ice cream. The sauce was so overpowering, I didn't even eat any of the veggies! Blech. Even though the husband got about 3/4 of the bag, he still wanted more food. Just not a winner. Sorry Bertolli!

0 comments: