Un poco de tiempo

(a bit of time)

I'm pretty behind on the things that I really need to be doing for school and around the house. And for myself! Since I blog for myself, I wanted to get a post out with some things I've been storing in my mind. (I've really gotta start carrying a small notebook with me to jot this stuff down!)

On the way into school this morning I heard on the news that Harris County, the county in which I reside, has the highest number of alcohol related traffic deaths per capita. This makes me very sad. I had a cousin killed in an alcohol related accident when he was ran over while walking his disabled motorcycle down the side of the road. That cousin meant so much to me (and my father) and it was a very painful time in my young childhood. He was the first person, let alone family member, I ever knew to die. Since then, I've been very sensitive to alcohol + driving incidences. Please, call a cab or a friend. Better yet, make arrangements before you enjoy your beverages. We always do, whether we meet at a friend's house and take a taxi to the bar so that we have to take one back home (and split the cost evenly!) or we use a designated driver. The DD is usually me because I can guarantee that we will get home safely and without hurting someone else. Don't drink and drive!

Sorry for the soapbox, but this bit of news just stayed with me all day today and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

In happier news, today is my and my husband's engagement anniversary! 3 years ago today, he proposed and I cried like a baby and accepted. Good times!

I have been reading Intuitive Eating and I must say I am blown away how it continues to describe me spot on. I'm looking forward to being able to have a healthy and happy relationship with food one day. I feel like I'm doing good incorporating the principles into my eating so far. Has anyone else out there read this? What did you think?

I've got some pics of food, but I'm kind of over obsessing about it. Probably due to the book. So here are a couple pics of food I made over the past couple of days:



Homemade Spanish Pizza. I'm thinking since I left out the olives, it isn't really Spanish anymore, but whatev. It was delish and the husband loved it and took leftovers to work for lunch.



Leftovers Casserole. I made this up today for my lunch. I had a bunch of odds and ends in the fridge that I wanted to use up so I mixed it all together, topped it with cheese and threw it in the oven. It was really good.

I'm in dire need of a dye job and a trim. Hopefully I'll get this taken care of this week or this weekend. So the plan is that the next time you "see" me, I'll be sporting a new look! I'm going au naturale, that is, no more blow drying my hair on a daily basis and no more highlights! I'm really excited to go back to basics.

Speaking of back to basics, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about keeping things simple from now on. I'm kind of over all the high maintenance-ness I've grown accustomed to over the years. I'm going to be thinking of more ways in which I can simplify my life and I'll share them with you as I discover them. How do you keep your life simple?

1 comments:

  Anonymous

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I read IE and I found it described me very well! I had difficulty putting it into practice, but if I could, I think it'd be a great solution for me.