Clean out this pantry!

I have so much food stored in the pantry and freezer. I'm trying to simplify, and I'm sick of all the stocked up supplies as if there were going to be some kind of nuclear fallout or something. I really need to use some of this stuff up. Dare I post my list?

graham crackers
PB&Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams
instant mashed potatoes
wheat crackers
pinto beans (2 cans)
garbanzo beans (2 cans)
green chile enchilada sauce
apricot halves
fruit cocktail
peach slices
vegetable broth (2 qts)
arborio rice
lentils (1/2 lb)
split peas (1 lb)
corn tortillas
israeli couscous (1/2 c)
rolled oats
stuffing
couscous
frozen berries
frozen mixed fruit
frozen mixed veggies
frozen cauliflower

Dude. That's a lot of stuff. I could make a few different meals out of this, no?

I figure I can make some veggie enchiladas from the pinto beans, green sauce, and the corn tortillas.

And all that fruit (canned and frozen) can go into smoothies.

The broth and the arborio rice can be turned into a risotto.

Maybe a salad of some sort from the couscous, lentils, and garbanzos.

The split peas can be turned into split pea soup, which I like to eat cold when it's hot out(I'm okay with being a little weird).

I bought all those steel cut oats with good intentions, but I never ended up using them. Do they go bad? How do you make steel cut oats?


2 comments:

  Lindsay

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sounds like my pantry! There are times that I think we could live for months on what we have in there!

  Anonymous

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Haha, sounds like your pantry is getting pretty full! Have fun creating some fun snacks and meals with the goods.

Steel Cut oats are cooked the same way as regular oats except that they take about 20-25 minutes instead of the usual 6-8 for rolled oats. You also have to add more liquid when cooking... about 2 cups per 1/2 cup steel oats. Try them out!