*high fives self*

I ran again today. That's like a new record, 2 days in a row.

Speaking of new records, I shortened my mile time from 10:56 to 10:39. Not much, but I think it's good. Especially because I ran the whole time and never walked. Not even one step! Hurray!

For now, since I have some time before this October 5K thing, I think I'm going to try to get my mile time down (and continue to run it non-stop) before I add any distance. I feel like that would work well for me for now, since I'm new at this.

The only thing is, I am not sure how fast my mile time should be to be considered a decent time. Can anyone out there help me out?

I'm not planning on racing competitively or anything, so I'm not trying to be super fast. I would just like to know what to shoot for.

2 comments:

  Anonymous

Thursday, July 02, 2009

ten minute miles are a respectable pace, esp if you're not into running. for something short like a 5k, you'd want to try to do a little faster, but 10 still isn't bad.

(I was looking for a friend's blog and came across yours, I just ran my first 10k in March so it caught my attention- I ran it in 61:11, just under 10 minute miles)

  Kristan Anne

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thanks, Anon! Stick around, I'd love to hear more about your running!