Oatmeal

I think we can safely put "oatmeal" and "running" in the same category for me. I don't really like oatmeal, but I keep trying to like it because it's like the ultimate breakfast of champions or whatever. All the cool bloggers eat oatmeal, and while I'm no where near being a cool blogger, I like to pretend that maybe if I ate oatmeal everyday I could transform my blog into the next big thing. Maybe? Probably not. *sigh*

I have a long day of studying ahead of me. And I'll be at the house which means I'll have access to whatever food we have and I can stuff my face to my little heart's content. I figure I should try to counteract that from the get go with a breakfast that would make Kath proud (well maybe not, because I didn't use any fun toppings).

I used Kath's recipe, with the modification of almond milk instead of skim milk. The last time I tried this, the banana didn't magically melt into the oatmeal like hers does, no matter how hard I whipped it. So I broke out the big guns and used the immersion blender. Worked like a charm.

I stirred in a tiny bit of vanilla, a little squirt of agave nectar, and like 2 pinches of brown sugar (because after tasting, it needed a little more sweetness).

And I ate the whole bowl. It wasn't the best breakfast I ever had (mmm...taco rice with eggs!) but I was left satisfied and ready to get to studying. The best part was that I didn't push the partially eaten bowl away from me because I didn't want it anymore.

Thanks for the recipe Kath! I think I've mastered it enough to my liking. Maybe next time I'll be a little more adventurous and throw in some walnuts. Exciting.

For the rest of the day, I will be studying Spanish for the final tomorrow. And then I am going to treat myself to a vegetarian burrito bowl at Chipotle for dinner. The husband and friend are doing a Young Professionals in Energy thing tonight so I don't have to cook. I've ben craving Chipotle for a good long while and I'm excited for tonight.

After dinner I am going to run again. That's right. I will NOT be defeated. *flexes muscles*.

Maybe one day I can turn into a fancy running and blogging machine like all the cool kids!

2 comments:

  Rose

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Loving oatmeal was a transformation for me. Prior to blogging, I think I ate it only a few times. I don't know what it is...

  Erin

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I still hate oatmeal and I've given up on it. And I'm cool. So are you dear. Don't force oatmeal if you don't like it. Get your whole grains from cereal or complex carbs.