Baked Shrimp in Lemony Garlic Sauce



I copied & pasted the recipe directly from the WW site. I guess if that's not okay, they'll let me know, right? I will list the changes I made below the recipe.

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 8 min
Cooking Time: 8 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

This no-fuss shrimp dish comes together in minutes.

Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp light butter, melted
3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped

Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°F.

Arrange shrimp in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients; pour over shrimp.

Bake at 425°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are done. Sprinkle parsley over shrimp; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces shrimp and 2 tablespoons sauce).

My changes:
I thought I had Worcestershire sauce, but I didn't. I subbed lite soy sauce.

I forgot to get lemon pepper, so I used some Kroger brand seasoning blend (garlic & onion).

I used cocktail shrimp just because they were cheaper this week. I know they were already cooked, but baking them for 10 minutes did not make them tough or chewy at all.


This was pretty good. The husband liked it, so I put it in the "make again" recipe pile. I served it with brown rice (1/2 cup for me), steamed green beans, and a salad with Kraft Cucumber Ranch (2 Tbsp for me). We also drizzled some olive oil on the rice (1 tsp for me). I had an 8 oz glass of fat free milk with dinner. Total points for dinner: 13. That's way more than I like to have, but I didn't have breakfast this morning and I needed to use points up.


Points Summary
Breakfast: 0 points (didn't eat)
Snack: 1.5 points (1 cracker with hummus at grocery store - sample)
Lunch: 7 points (Lean Cuisine - chicken fettuccini, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, 2 Tbsp dip made from fat free sour cream)
Dinner: 13 points
Total points: 21.5, 1.5 left over.

Good Health Guidelines
5 glasses of water so far.
1 cup of milk (1 dairy check)
6 servings of vegetables
0 multivitamin
1 tsp olive oil
0 activity
1 serving lean protein
1 serving whole grains

I'm thinking of using my leftover 1.5 points for some milk? If I do that, it'll give me another dairy check, but it will also take half a point from my weekly allowance. Or I could have Sweet Tarts! Each packet (from Halloween) is 1 point. Decisions, decisions. What do you think I should use my extra 1.5 points for?

1 comments:

  Anonymous

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I've made this quite a few times. I really like it, but Ryan isn't crazy about it (or shrimp in general) so I haven't made it much since we moved in together. I love how easy it is to make though! Glad to see you back to blogging :)