Updates on stuff

I finally changed my name yesterday! It took ALL DAY and some drama involving an ambulance and another pregnant lady, but I did it and it only took me three years. :)

Sewing: Severely lacking lately. I made 4 crib sheets. And two dish mats to dry bottles and such on. I have NOT made the baby a quilt yet, and to be absolutely honest, I'm thinking I won't get around to it before he's born. I DO need to make a cover for the changing pad and also some PUL lined wet bags (large for the diaper pail and small for the diaper bag).

Budget: This is going great and I'm really proud of it. I have made zero unnecessary purchases this week. I'm tempted to do a Walgreens/Huggies wipes deal today (making 3 packages of wipes = only $0.71 each) but I don't really need any wipes (we're stocked up). Although wipes can always come in handy, right? So I need to think on that some more.

Pantry Cooking: This is going well. I should say great because we're definitely sticking to it, but it I'm not gonna lie, it's getting old. But I'm too far into it to give up now! We have not gone to the grocery store for unnecessary things (the husband did need some OJ yesterday and stopped to get some on his way home, but he called me first to see which store had the best deal! LOL).

Dining out: This is a huge weakness for us, and we committed to not eat out at all on the weekends. Only one meal per week from a restaurant, and only if we have a coupon or discount. Our usual plan to eat at Chick-Fil-A after our doctor's appointment (tonight!) is scrapped for now, and we're okay with that!

Housekeeping: I've instated a new housekeeping schedule and I love it. The house is always clean, but I'm not spending all day doing it and it doesn't feel like a chore (even though it technically is!).

So that's what is going on around here. Welcome to my exciting life. :)

2 comments:

  Katie

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Buy the wipes. We had tons and I was sure they'd last at least 5 years, but I was amazed at how fast we go through them.

Great job on the pantry cooking & the budgeting. It's tough, but so worth it when you have that extra money in the bank.

Love your housekeeping schedule. I thought I was the only nerd who had one all organized like that. :P

  BeaDandelion

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I JUST started following you.. like 3 minutes ago.

I stocked up on diapers and wipes before my baby was born 21 weeks ago... I'm even keeping tabs on how many nb, 1,2,... that I use on him so that I can plan quasi accordingly next baby. But you are probably using cloth... see with disposable, I had 90 packs before the baby came and never spent more than $3 on any of them, most I got for free though overage. I too am a couponer, but I dont have a sewing machine.

I will have to catch back up and read more later, but feel free to follow my blog too, I dont have as many advertisements as Kristin does... very little "buy this buy that" or "disney this" stuff... JUST how to buy and where.

Is this your first baby?!!?!? You made me laugh bc I could not change my name fast enough!!! The monday after the in-state honeymoon I was at the DMV!

I hope to talk to you soon!