Menu Plan Monday 8/2 through 8/8



Check out what everyone else is cooking this week and link up your own menu at I'm an Organizing Junkie!


I know I posted the menus I had planned out the other day using pantry and freezer food, but I've shifted some things around for two reasons (which is okay because flexibility is a good thing!):

1) We ended up cheating a little and ate a couple of meals out this weekend. This is a big weakness for us, and something we're going to cut back on. We both agreed not to eat out more than once this weekend and if we do, it has to be with a coupon (and I only have one restaurant coupon right now for Taco Cabana, so if we don't want that, then we're not going).
2) I made beef stroganoff tonight and I have a TON of cooked noodles left that I'll use on Tuesday. This extra food was not accounted for (or expected!) in the original plan.

So here's the plan for the week!

Monday - Turkey tacos, beans, rice
Tuesday - Creamy chicken casserole
Wednesday - Corn dogs, tater tots, frozen corn
Thursday - Crockpot chicken spaghetti
Friday - Flounder, rice, green beans
Saturday - Shepherd's pie
Sunday - Chicken fried rice, carrots

I don't have to purchase anything for any of those meals! I thought I might need to get a can of tomato sauce, but I found a Campbell's Tomato Soup-At-Hand in the corner of the pantry that I can use.

1 comments:

  Katie

Monday, August 02, 2010

Your meals all sound yummy!

Must have been something in the air for eating out this weekend. We never eat out, but we did twice this weekend.