Walgreens week of 8/8/10

Today was a nice Walgreens day. I was up early, so I decided just to head out and be at the store as it opened. Usually I just go during the week.

On the way, I noticed that there was a neat bike race along the road I'd be on to get to the Walgreens.



I was impressed by all the people in their little biking outfits racing down a road in the lane right next to traffic. Yay for them! I have no idea what the race was or anything, but the u-turn for the race was right in front of the Walgreen's (almost) so it caused quite a bit of a traffic jam. That's okay though, because I was enjoying watching them and I had a minute to make sure I had my coupons together before I got into the store.

So here's my swag! I did this all in one transaction.

All for $0.09!!

2 packs of U by Kotex liners, (regular price $4.79 each) on sale for 2/$7.00 (all Kotex are 2/$7, not just the liners).
-use the Instant Value Coupon in the August Coupon Book for $2/1, which will credit twice to take $4/2
-use 2 printable coupons on the U by Kotex site for $1 off any U by Kotex product.
This makes the Kotex products 2/$1.00 or $0.50 each when you buy 2!

2 Pilot V5 Precise 2 pack pens, (regular price $3.99 each) on sale for $1.99.
-use the Instant Value Coupon in the August Coupon Book to take $1 off each pack.
-use 2 printable coupons on the Pilot site for $1 off any Pilot pen.
This makes the pens FREE!

Also, look for the pens that have a $1.25 mail in rebate form on the packaging. This will be just a bonus if you find them, as not all of the pens in my store had this. I was able to get both of my packs with the rebate.



For my fillers I used the $0.09 2-pocket Penway folders (I got the limit of 4 - regular price $0.49 each) and a travel size Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer on clearance for $0.24.

My total after tax came out to $1.71, and when you factor in the 2 $1.25 rebates (and 2 stamps), it makes my total price only $0.09 paid for all this stuff! That's almost 96% off regular retail.

Pretty good, right? Are you looking forward to any good deals this week?

0 comments: