Menu Plan Monday 8/9 through 8/15



Check out what everyone else is cooking this week and link up your own menu at I'm an Organizing Junkie!

I have to go to the grocery store this week! I'm actually excited about it because I love the grocery store, and I haven't been in a while (which is a good thing). We need a lot of staples (milk, orange juice, fruit) and a few things to stretch the pantry and freezer stock a little bit more.

Here's what we've got planned!

Monday - Chicken fried rice with broccoli
Tuesday - Shepherd's pie
Wednesday - Crockpot chicken taco soup
Thursday - Mexican chicken casserole
Friday - Popcorn chicken with tater tots and carrots
Saturday - Bruschetta chicken bake with broccoli and carrots
Sunday - Flounder with rice and green beans

I was going to list here what we'd be using up, but it's pretty much EVERYTHING except some tuna, a jar of alfredo sauce, and some pasta! I think I'll cook up some pasta and mix in the sauce to make lunches for me for the week (I had gotten the sauce free after coupons and the husband doesn't like alfredo. Oops.)

Other than the staples I need, I will be purchasing frozen broccoli, a can of green beans, some barbecue sauce, a bag of shredded mozzarella, and a box of slow cooker liners. My total should be around $20 including the staples I need (plus some body wash for the husband to use at the gym). UPDATE: I went to the store and my total was $38.54. I need pork for next week (freezer cooking day) and there was a 3 lb pack marked down. And I also found a clearance 2 pack of dog toys for Kosmo.

What are y'all eating this week?

3 comments:

  Kelly

Monday, August 09, 2010

Your menu looks great! I have always wanted to try Shepard's pie but I've been scared. LOL For some reason it's the one recipe that scares me.

  Anonymous

Monday, August 09, 2010

great looking meal plan this week. Brushetta chicken is delicious

  Katie

Monday, August 09, 2010

Yummy! Everything sounds really good. Great job at the grocery, too.