Spring 2009

I signed up for classes a while back, but only 3 of them. I was originally going to only do 9 hours. I really want to hurry up and be done with school, so I thought about it some more and decided to add another class on for a full 12 hours.

I'm really looking forward to this semester. I know I always say that every semester, but this time I think I really mean it. I know a lot of factors will play into my view on the semester as it goes along, but for now I think I'm going to like it.

It's also slighty sad (but not really that much) because it will be my last semsester of history classes. My major will be done and I'll need to finish my minor and a couple of Spanish classes. I wonder if it's too late to change my foreign language to American sign language? ASL sounds like an awesome class. Anyways, if I did that, I'd be 2 semesters behind in my language credits, so I don't think that will be happening.

Here's my list of (fun sounding) classes for Spring 2009:

United States 1945-1960
United States 1961-1976
Drinking, Smoking & Hard Drugs
Christianity

The first two are right in my slice of preferred history. I love modern US history. I am really, REALLY looking forward to those two classes. The third class fulfills a fancy credit that is required for my major (they call it a CAPSTONE class). Basically, we have to write a pretty long paper or something. There are other classes that fulfill that credit, but this one was by far the most interesting sounding. The last class is the class that I just added. It's for my minor in Relgious Studies.

I've been struggling with trying to declare a minor. I couldn't make up my mind. I didn't want to do RELS because it is an 18 hour minor and I just want to be done with this already. An architecture minor is only 15 hours, so I thought I had settled on that. But - I just wasn't feeling it. I'm immensly interested in religion, so I figured this would be my best choice. And if I took one class this semester, then I'd still be on the same track to finish in Spring 2010. Blech. So far away!

0 comments: