Blogging revelation.

I am way more accountable when I blog about the food I eat. The past few days or a week or however long it has been since I last told y'all every morsel I ate have been a blur of junk and nastiness. I've eaten way more meat than my body would have liked since practically giving it up recently. I've not eaten nearly enough fruits and veggies. I'm eating at weird times and skipping meals. This is not healthy at all and I can totally feel it in my mood and energy level. I'm cranky and tired and I'm not sleeping.

DUH Kristan. Get your act together NOW! Tomorrow is the husband's birthday. I'm making his favorite meal (his momma's "Mexican Dish") and he's getting a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I am going to eat both, but only a little sampling. You know why? Because celebrations happen and I need to learn how to partake in them without going overboard.

And then I'm going to try my darnedest to keep making good choices over the weekend. We're leaving Friday morning to go to the lake with friends to celebrate the birthday boy. And if you have read this blog for a while, you know that we can get into some shenanigans that involve copious amounts of alcohol and really bad-for-you fourth-meal drunk food. But I have a plan! And I WILL stick to it. And I will blog about it. I promise. Feel free to call me out if I don't. :)

3 comments:

  Anonymous

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I think it's great to have a plan, but try to enjoy the weekend without being too stressed out... everyone needs some carefree drunken debauchery every now and again :)

  Erin

Thursday, May 28, 2009

You can do it. It's just cake, right? A few bites is all we need. Have fun at the lake and Happy Bday to the boy!

  Mandy

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Bday T!

Planning is good. :)