Cell phones, replacing OR How I Lost My Mind

I didn't manage to get back on here and write another post yesterday. I had so many things going on that I didn't even stop to eat lunch! I didn't even notice the time flying by and before I knew it, it was almost dinner time.

So why is it that I still don't feel prepared for anything? We're leaving in about 6 hours, and the bag is packed, but I feel like I'm forgetting something. It won't be a big deal if I do forget something, it's only a weekend at the lake. Still, something feels "off".

School starts on Monday again. I never even went and got new notebooks. I have some half empty ones from previous semester that I use for grocery lists, etc. But I like to have fresh ones. Especially because I take a lot of notes and need the space! And we're not allowed to use laptops in Spanish classes, so that's out. Speaking of, I never did buy a new backpack or messenger bag to lug around campus with my laptop in it.

I woke up early this morning for no reason. Trust me, I didn't want to. I even checked last night to see if my alarms on my cell phone were set. They were not. But the phone started dinging away anyways and woke all three of us up (What?? The dog sleeps with us too!). It wasn't even set! There was no way to even turn off the alarm. It just kept going.... So I turned of the phone. I think it's time for a new phone. For real. I've been using this thing for like 2 years now, and it's getting worse and worse. It's a HTC Mogul. It is one of the first smart phones with the slide out full QWERTY keyboard. I believe it was launched in direct competition to the iphone when that first came out.



But there are so many problems with it! The keyboard sticks when I try to type, and some letters just don't even type. So if I'm texting:

The quick red fox jumped over the lazy brown dog

It would read from my phone:

The qqqquiccckkkk reeeeddd foooxxxxx jjjjumeeeeddd ooooooooeeeerrrr theee llllzyyyy roownnnn ddooooooog.

That's a little exaggerated. But only a little. And it's been doing that for about a year now. I'm about ready to "lose" it in the lake. :) I have to get another phone through Sprint, so getting an iphone is out (unless someone out there wants to send me one with free service!). We have the sweetest deal EVAR through Sprint so we're not giving that up anytime soon. I need to have a smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard, preferably a slideout one. I've played with those BlackBerry Curves and I didn't care for those tinyass letters/numbers. And I really prefer the Windows Mobile operating system. That leaves me with the HTC Touch PRO:



Now, my mom has this one. I'm not sold on it yet. It's supposedly a better, newer model of my current phone. I think I'm going to have to wait until Sprint gets some new phones. Sigh. I really hate my phone. This whole process of finding a new phone is the most annoying process I think I've ever had to deal with because of three things:

1. The fact that we need to stay with Sprint, whom always has craptastic choice on phone awesomeness. (I'm aware that I have never learned the correct usage of "whom". I used it here because it sounded good, and I have no clue if that is correct or not. There's a reason I'm not an English major...)

2. I'm the pickiest person in the world with what I will and will not give up on a device that I don't typically use all that often on any given day. I just want to be able to text my husband "Where the heck are you, dinner has been ready for an hour" without all the extraneous letters.

3. Any carrier I decide to go with if I even remotely think of ditching Sprint is going to stop offering badass phones the minute I switch. Seriously, that is my luck. Whoever is supplying the world with service for their iphones will cease to do so after I sign a lifetime 2 year contract with them. That is the way my life works.

So until I'm badass enough to will an awesome phone that meets all my criteria to fall from the sky and into my worn-out-from-fixing-jacked-up-texts hands, I'm stuck with this POS phone that decides whenever it wants to wake us all up for no reason whatsoever.

Grumble.

For now, I'm off to do some Yoga Download and pack a small bag for Kosmo to take with him to his grandparents (the hubs' parents) house while we're gone. See you Sunday night! It would be sooner if I could post from the phone, but if you expected that I'd wonder if you even read all the blabber I was just bitching about a minute ago.

Have a fantacular weekend!

2 comments:

  Lara

Friday, May 29, 2009

the iPhone is coming to verizon soon! (Just a thought) plus, you can find an "unlocked" phone on eBay for wicked cheap

  Anonymous

Sunday, May 31, 2009

My classes started last Thursday, and I feel unprepared too. I always like fresh notebooks as well, but I have a ton of half-used ones so I'm trying to be eco-friendly and use them again. I think I'll just tear the pages out and keep them in a binder so I don't run out of space, even though I usually prefer a notebook. Did you ever decide on a lunch bag? I need to get one because I'm on campus from 2-8 with only a 15 minute break so there's no time to grab something. I was wondering how you like yours.

I also have Sprint and their phone selection SUCKS. I don't have a smart phone - I have the LG Rumor which has the slide out keyboard too. I'm with you on needing the full keyboard and not tiny keys like the Blackberry has. An iPhone would be super nice... why must they be so expensive?!