Sad + Gross

We didn't end up going out tonight. The husband wasn't feeling up to it either, thankfully. It's easier when we can both agree. :)

We decided we'd watch a movie in tonight, as we've got piles of DVDs that we need to get to. Or maybe we can do a LOST marathon and catch up in time for the season finale! I'll have to mention that to him.

We took Maniac Kosmo out for a walk in on the path/field/thing that runs behind the house. It was a good change of scenery. I brought the camera and documented all the various weeds and/or wild flowers.



So then the we're looking at these cool eggs and making up stories about how they must contain dragons or dalmatians when we hear this God awful screeeeeeech. We jump up and realize that Kosmo has found himself a baby bunny. Oh.No.

Well, the cute little guy didn't make it. I wanted to cry. I felt like the worst furmom ever. I can't believe my dog murdered that bunny. I still feel horrible thinking about it. I think Kosmo must have realized that I was upset because then he seemed to get all tender and concerned about the bunny. He started to kinda nudge at it like he didn't realize it was dead. I wonder if he was just playing with it? He does play really rough. No, he's an animal. It was his instinct to kill it. It was not a pretty sight either. :( Gosh, I feel awful about that.

Here are some pics of those eggs. I couldn't get a clear pic unless I used the flash. My camera acts up sometimes and takes really blurry pics. But to get some better detail, I used the flash. So the first pic is the blurry pic that shows the colors, the second pic is the sharp pic that just shows the details better. Does anyone know what kind of animal they were growing? Where can I find out that info?


6 comments:

  Erin

Saturday, May 09, 2009

I'm pretty sure those are kildeer eggs. Few birds nest ON the ground. Kildeer are 1 of the most common.

Poor bunny. Methinks Kosmo needs some time with Ceasar!

  Kristan Anne

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Erin, you are a rockstar. Those eggs look exactly like the eggs the internet says that kildeer birds lay.

  Kristan Anne

Saturday, May 09, 2009

But bummer that they're not dragon eggs. ;)

  Season

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maggie killed a bird when I got home from class the other day. I made Misha clean it up. She was so pleased with herself until I gasped then she ran inside freaking out and put her paws over her face. Tell me, does this look like the face of a bird killer?

http://tinyurl.com/maggiemae

  Season

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh, and those totally look like dragon eggs to me!

  Anonymous

Monday, May 11, 2009

Oh that would be really traumatic for me too! Luckily my dog is pretty much afraid of everything; when I take him for walks, he might try to run after a squirrel or something, but if he gets close to it he runs back and hides behind me LOL