Procrastination.

I should be getting ready for school. Actually, I should be there now watching a lecture on YouTube in the library. I just don't feel like it. I must do it tonight. Or after Spanish class today. I MUST.

I have been craving something sweet all week and I guess I need to just go ahead and get something dessert-like. I've tried fruit, but that's not cutting it. I've tried trail mix with dark chocolate, no dice. No smoothie has quenched the craving either.

Speaking of fruit, this morning I thought it'd be cool to heat up some fruit in a pan with some butter and add some syrup to it for waffles. I used peaches, strawberries, and blueberries. Blah. I ended up throwing it away. I feel bad for wasting all that fruit, but there was nothing I could do with it. There was zero sweetness, mostly tart. I don't know what I did wrong. Oh well, you learn as you go, right?

My leg is all healed and stuff. I guess I'm overly dramatic and it wasn't a big deal. It must have just been sore, but more sore than the rest of my muscles. The ibuprofen + bath + good night of sleep fixed it right up. But today is still a mandatory rest day for me! I scared myself with the thought that I actually may have hurt myself, so I'm going to take it easy.

To prevent injury, what is a good training schedule? Should I only run every other day? Should I run 2 days on, 1 day off? Right now I'm only running 1 mile, and I'm going for at least 3 days in a row, sometimes 4.

Off to school. Have a good Wednesday people! Halfway to the weekend! Wooo!

3 comments:

  Jenny

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Procrastinator= me. I guess we're alike in that way. I'm glad your leg is feeling better.

For your sweet tooth- could you get a small frozen yogurt or ice cream somewhere. Rather satisfy it than have a binge at the end of the week.

  Katie

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I'm not a running expert, but I'd suggest backing down to every other day for now and ease into every day. You're making great progress and it would be a real shame to sideline yourself long-term with a serious injury.

  Stacy

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Fruit + Nutella?