New project: Baby Ribbon Blankie

I'm chatty today. And I have some news.

I may need to change the name of the blog to The Stepford MOMMY soon! That's right, the husband and I are expecting a little one. I am officially in my second trimester, though just barely. So the cat's out of the bag! I promise not to turn this blog into a mommy blog though. As much as I enjoy reading the mommy blogs out there, I'm not sure that it's right for me personally. So I'll update on the important things here every now and then, but it will not be baby-mania.

Well, except for whatever projects I'm working on that may be baby-related. Like this one! I don't know the sex yet, but I have a strong BOY feeling. I had some "boy-colored" fabric laying around, so I thought I'd keep my hands busy. I found this tutorial on the Moda Bakeshop site. I'm starting with the blanket, and I'm not sure if I'll make the block. Here's what I've got so far:

I laid out and arranged 16 charm squares (I used the Moda Nostalgia line) in a 4x4 square. Then I sewed strips of 4:



Then I pressed the seams open and sewed the strips together (pinning at the seams). I sewed the new seams open as well:



I went to Joann's today and got some minky fabric and some coordinating ribbon:



Now I'm ready to finish this project! Part 2 can be found here.

0 comments: