Up-Cycling: Unwanted Tees

I keep seeing the cutest projects made from old tee shirts. I have a few that were in the Goodwill pile, but now I'm thinking I'd like to see what I can do with them (inspired by everyone else's great projects, of course!)

I've gathered six shirts that I can use, with half of them earmarked for something for the baby.




That Houston Texans tee and the red & white tees are going to be perfect for something for Baby T, especially since his birth basically coincides with the start of the 2010 NFL season. I'm sure his first Sundays and occasional Mondays are going to be spent glued to the TV with Daddy T learning all about football.

I am not sure what I could use the other three tees for yet, but they'll probably end up being something for me. Perhaps a tote or purse accessory of some sort.

Lots of crafty bloggers are making cute baby accessories out of old tees. But it seems like most of the projects center around girly stuff, which is unfortunate for me. I'm thinking I'm going to have to come up with something boyish on my own.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on a way to up-cycle some old tees?

1 comments:

  Kelli

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

besides the normal ideas for bags and reconstructed tops, I use my sons old T's to make a T Shirt quilt for him (Out of his team T's) and pillows. As well as lounge pants and shorts for my 6mo old nephew. The cute details get cut out for appliques.