Thrifty!


The husband and I have been traveling between Houston and the Corpus Christi area a lot lately. You see, his company is doing some work down there and we're tentatively scheduled to move to the area so he can be there full time. As per usual with this particular company, the timing is great (<----sarcasm.) Right now it looks like we'll need to be there in late July or early August. Guess what else is happening is August? Yeah, baby time. Moving to another city...while preparing to give birth. Fun!

Anyways, I've been tagging along because someone has to figure out where we're going to live! But it's not all work and no play, because I've also been searching high and low for quilt shops and thrift stores.

I found two really great thrift (big!) stores in two different towns. And I dove right into their linens section. I was determined to get my hands on some vintage/thrifted linens to use for a springy, floral, lightweight quilt. I found so much stuff. Enough to make probably two king size quilts! I won't be making anything that big, but there's plenty.



I also have ideas for some kitchen stuff as well, but I'm still in the planning stages and I change my mind so often that I'll hold out on any details for now.

Some other finds include "milk glass". I don't know much about actual milk glass, but I really like the look of it. I don't so much care if it's fake or reproduction, I just think it's pretty. I found a couple of pieces that were so cute. And a bonus is that with one of them, I already had the same piece at home. One has a marking on the bottom and one doesn't. I'm not really sure why, but it's okay. They're just going to look pretty somewhere in the house.

1 comments:

  dana

Friday, May 28, 2010

you scored some great sheets! awesome!