Midterms already?

Didn't I just start school last week? I guess the summer semesters are going to go by SUPER FAST! That's good! I took an exam in my Spanish class today (not a midterm) and I need to prepare for a midterm for my other class that will be on Monday. I'm not even slightly worried for that exam though. I'm so glad I decided on summer school! This session, which equals one semester, is flying by. I'm sure the next session will go by just as fast!

We're still house hunting, but we have seen a couple of really nice houses only just slightly out of our price range. If we decide on one of them, we're going to try to get the price down into our range. Can't hurt to ask, right? BUT we also have one really good prospect in the husbands family home. I love the house and it's the right price (thanks In-Laws!). We just need to mull it over a little bit so as to not make any impulsive decisions. After all, it is a business transaction that just happens to involve family. We need to make sure to keep it a business transaction and not have any emotions or sentiments creep in, you know? Plus there are a couple of other homes we'd like to look at first, but we can't seem to find any good time for everyone involved.

I had my Girl's Night In the other night, and it was fabuloso! I started the night out with a ridiculous amount of food! That salad was huge and I only ate half of it before I got so full. And I barely made a dent in that hummus. The fruit waited until movie time, and I grazed on it for a few hours.




I ended up only watching the three movies I thought I'd watch: The Devil Wears Prada, Bride Wars, and 27 Dresses. I liked all of them! Good stuff. Methinks I need to schedule mandatory monthly Girl's Night. I like some alone time sometimes.

I told y'all that I was going to get a new orangy color for my toes. I couldn't find the OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It, but I did find OPI's On Collins Ave (which immediately reminded me of my friend Cooper! Hi Stace!). It was a sassy color that was more coral than orange. I held on to it for a few minutes but then decided that I couldn't pull the trigger on the $8.50 that the store was asking for this polish. I know it's worth it. I do. I just wasn't ready for the investment. LOL



Instead, I picked up Petites' Mango. It doesn't look nearly as orange as that lame swatch makes it look. It's way cuter than that. I took a pic of it on my toes, but it's not coming out right. Oh well. Um, I'm totally in love with this color!! And it was all of $1. It looks great on my toes and it hasn't chipped yet, so I'm happy with it. :)

I also picked up a bottle of Pure Ice Coral Reef. Ugh, it's terrible! I painted my fingernails with it, and it looks like a magical unicorn puked on them or something. It's a shimmery hot pink that reminds me of something I'd use if I were 6 and a half. I wonder if I can return it? I want my $2 back!



In other news, I picked up a copy of Intuitive Eating. Actually, my copy is much older because I got it at a used bookstore. I'm on chapter five and I'm already in love with it. This book describes me so exactly I actually feel a little strange about it. I'm excited to get started eating normally. I don't think I have ever really eaten normally, so I think I have a lot to learn. But you gotta start somewhere, right? I'm totally ready to not have food issues anymore.

Well, I gotta start dinner sometime soon and I still have some homework to do. So I need to get going. I hope everyone has a great Monday night!

0 comments: