2010 List

You know how everyone is making resolutions? I even made a couple. Something else that I think is cool to do is make a list of all the things I want to try to do this year. Not a list of things that I have to do or I failed kinda thing (which face it - that's what resolutions are). But a list of some things that I think it would be really cool to do, but are doable in a year. So no aspirations like "climb mount Everest" or "walk on the moon" or anything. More like "1. learn to tie my husband's ties" and "2. try out knitting". Some of these things aren't even hard to do, but just things that I may not have done in a long time for what ever reason.

This is stuff that you don't have to stick with all year long. Once you do it, just cross it off the list, and move on. And at the end of the year, if there are still some things on the list, just add it to next year's list. No threat of failure to hang over your head.

So here's (the rest of) my list.

3. Bake some bread from scratch
4. Make a quilt
5. Monogram something
6. Ride a bicycle
7. Go swimming
8. Volunteer for something
9. Have a dinner party
10. Run a 5K
11. Try some kind of food that is totally foreign to me
12. Start digital scrapbooking
13. Take the GRE
14. Play video games with my husband
15. Clean out my "recipes to try" folder
16. Cook a few vegan dishes
17. Go to a pick-your-own-fruit farm
18. Grow something edible
19. Get my hair back to it's natural color
20. Make a gingerbread house from scratch
21. Go to the beach
22. Make homemade holiday gifts

I'm going to stop at 22 for now, but I know I will think of more to add. And when I do, I'll just add them.

Do you have a list like this?

3 comments:

  Jenny

Sunday, January 03, 2010

8. Go to the Ronald McDonald House. I swear you will love it.
9. You can invite me! I'll even help cook.
10. My sister and I kind of made a goal to each run a 5K turkey trot next TG.
22. The sugared pecan recipe I made for gifts this year were fricken amazing!

Good list!

  Stacy

Thursday, January 07, 2010

I don't have a list, but I'm stealing yours. Gimmie :)

You'll have to keep us updated on your progress. And I agree with Jenny. Invite us girls to the dinner party.

  The blogs reviews

Friday, January 08, 2010

I had a sort of a bucket list due to a weak heart, but as I reflect back, I did it all...